Skip to main content

why i chose something uncertain... truth behind my decision

well, SPM results was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. i wasn't actually confident with my upcoming results, and thus far what i got was the best thing i could've asked. though it's still wasn't enough (as usual la kan?)

well, in malaysia.. good offers come from good grades. 

err.. or all other countries alike?  

so, with my mediocre-great grades..

*does such word exists??* 

i applied for a mara loan/scholarship for international studies. well, deep in my gut, i don't really wanna go overseas. i'd rather stay local. *though that was my childhood dream.. haih~* many things were bothering me. my parents getting older, costs, consequences blahblahblah... but, after a few push from my dear teachers and friends, i tried. and i got to attend the interview. excited? OF COURSE! this was like the 2nd time i was offered such a thing

*i was offered to go abroad before, to australia/new zealand in engineering.. from mara also. but i rejected it. LOL* 

anyways... i got to the interview, happy that i thought i did well. err, better than the last mara interview.. and i still think that wasn't enough to secure a spot for me. after a week, there was still no news. so i was totally prepared to further my study at a prestigious local university, UM. woohoo~ i never thought that people look up to those getting there, let alone got offered. so, yeah. i thought that i would do great there. most of my friends are going there. so i was totally excited!

then one afternoon, the letter came. letter from the college i was about to attend for my a-levels (if i decided to go with mara) then it hit me. many people want what i have now. i shouldn't waste this opportunity. it would make me look as if i take mara as a joke. go interview twice, offered twice and rejected both? that would just be plain stupid.

at least, that's what i thought


i probably shouldn't spill out much info about my program. all i can say is, i am to attend a local college for a cambridge a-level program for two years and will further in medicine. truthfully, i am NOT sure whether or not i am making the right decision. ^^ but i am ready. ready to go on with my dreams. i always say

dreams come true when we believe in it

and even if nobody else believes in it, doesn't means we should too. so, i am gambling my future by joining this program.

WAIT! i am getting waaaaaaay off topic. okay, back to my point. this whole study abroad thing, is something very.. uncertain. if i dont score in my a-levels, say goodbye to everything, and these two years i will be spending is going to waste. i HAVE to start back at A. on the other hand, the one year program in UM guarantees a vast opportunity and probabilities. if i score, i could easily be offered a full scholarship, or even secure my spot in UM for a degree program. at least, the future is much clearer at UM, that at the college i am about to attend to.

the facts are out. now for the truth...

my whole life, i REALLY.. REALLY.. REALLY wanna impress this one person. i will portray this person as B. B plays kind of a very important role in my life. i love B soooooooo much. but B doesn't see that. i was always an outcast in front of B. nothing i do grabs B's attention. so, i thought the news of i will probably study abroad would excite B. but the country i will go, is not of B's choice. so i was mentally criticised of my opportunity. how could anyone.. like.. despise a golden chance?? i truly don't get it. 

now, i am DONE paying attention to what B thinks of me or what i do. i am now, walking straight ahead. i am giving up in trying to lure B's attention, cause B never took any effort to say "good" or "nice job" or even a SMILE! for me to care about what B thinks would ruin me and my self-confidence that i am already lacking. so, B.. if you don't like it, you can just ignore i ever existed. what you did, really fires me up to work harder to prove that i am worth as a human.

Comments

Anonymous said…
good luck in everything you do.

ya noe ya can, aite ?

hee.
musafirbiru said…
thanx dear. ^^ i'll try. so should u

Popular posts from this blog

It's The End of The Race

bismillah. It's the night of 29th Ramadhan. The race is at its end. And how do I feel about it? Sad. Deeply, extremely sad. I hardly meet Ramadhan. Once a year. And for many years, I spent the days Ramadhan was here by just letting it pass by. This is one of the years where I truly devote myself in meeting Ramadhan, yet I feel it didn't change me. I didn't change. My fingers are literally trembling of the fact that.. I might not even see Ramadhan again. I am so overwhelmed. My heart is almost bursting of sadness. I might finish this race, but I don't know if I'm winning. And for the times I tried, well, He's the Only One to judge me. And I pray that this month has made me stronger within. Probably. Maybe. InshaAllah This is my last night with Ramadhan insyaAllah. I hope this possibly last date will last a lifetime. Cause I don't know if I have that long. I might not even see tomorrow. Or even finish my date tonigh

Happy Birthday To Me! Is it?

Bismillah. 20 April 2012 Hari ni ada BBQ Muslimah kat Masjid BBST. Seronok. Hari ni, body dan roh dapat makanan masing-masing alhamdulillah. :) Malam kami makan tu, makan ramai-ramai dalam dulang. Best woo! Tiba-tiba, sorang akak ni seru, "Attention! Akak nak panggil dua orang ni, sebab dorang ada buat salah dengan akak," then nama mereka pun disebut. Tipikal. Biasa waktu program-program macam ni, kalau ada yang cakap macam tu mesti nak sambut befday. Semua orang bergembira, happy, bergelak ketawa. Buat sesiapa yang tak dapat rasa ke-best-an makan dalam dulang ni, sila rasainya sendiri ya :) Tiba-tiba, tengah akak-akak yang 'bersalah' tu dipanggil ke depan, sorang buah hati saya jerit dari depan (saya makan kat belakang) Dia (1) : Azneen! Azneen! Cepat pergi depan ni! Saya : Hah? Buat ape? Dia (1) : Eleh, buat-buat tak tahu pulak. (sengih lebar) Saya pun buat-buat tak tahu, dan terus nyanyi. (wah, nyanyi kat masjid tu. tak senonoh betu

The Results are OUT!

bismillah. It's a wonderful day. Today is the day I get my A-Level results. Yippie!   It is however, due to my psychicness, that I won't carve a smile on my parents face. Had that feeling in my gut since July. It's a feeling of, discomfort. And nothing can shake it off. I'd like to say a lot here. About what happened to me since that particular July. But I'd end up whining things I shouldn't. Better save it for someone better to listen to. And to not-my-surprise, my results were under par. And I am not sad. At all. Well, maybe a little, but no mental breakdown whatsoever. This, however, never happened to me. I never went into an exam, and NOT pass. Never. Not the UPSR. Not PMR. Not SPM. *not trying to boast here* And this is the first. And I gotta tell ya. It doesn't hurt so bad. I've seen many of my friends went nuts and cry a lot after their results didn't come out as good as others. And I didn't know what to do, th